ETHICAL ADVISERS’ CO-OPERATIVE – 2018 YEAR IN REVIEW
- The Ethical Advisers Co-operative Australia represents 34 financial advisers across Australia with over 3,500 clients/investors.
- The Ethical Advisers’ Co-operative (EAC) Funds under management report compiled March 2019. Ethically screened funds under management rose 34% over the last calendar year to $1.764 billion by EAC members.
- Greenwash Gong Award 2018 AMP Responsible Investment Leaders Products for broad definitions on ethical screening.
- Ethical Fund manager engagement Webinars – 9 Webinars.
- NGO engagement – Market Forces and ACCR. Shareholder campaigns assistance with our clients – Whitehaven Coal, Qantas, Santos, QBE, Origin Energy and IAG.
- Royal Banking Commission submission on transparency, disclosure and ethics screening.
- Engaged with fund managers on disclosure of holdings, fossil fuel screens.
- EAC speaker at Morningstar adviser education event on ESG and client relationships.
- RIAA Benchmarking Report participation and inclusion August 2018.
- 5th Annual Ethical Investment Week “A World of Choice” October 2018 with 7 community events in 4 states, radio, interviews, social media and videos. Exclusive distribution rights Movie Event – Jeff Bridges “Living in Futures Past”.
2019 PLANS IN PLACE
- Ongoing education articles and training education to the financial planning sector on Ethics and Ethical Investment via KAPLAN education
- Speaking events via FPA Australia on Ethical Investment and Ethics
- Ratings for Responsible Investment Products
ABOUT THE ETHICAL ADVISERS’ CO-OPERATIVE LTD
The Ethical Advisers' Co-operative Ltd (Co-op) is a member operated organisation created to help communicate the intention and benefits behind ethical investment. The Co-op aims to help investors understand ethical investment and also to help investors find a specialist ethical investment adviser. The Co-op aims to benefit its clients through ethical investment by:
- Providing investors with financial and ethical insights;
- The peace of mind that comes with aligning investments with ethical values; and
- Saving time and effort in evaluating socially responsible investment options.